Promotional Products Are Still Important Within the Marketing Mix
New research reveals fascinating insights into consumer’s reactions to advertising media. BMPA, the UK’s promotional industry body, conducted a UK wide study among 1,000 adults randomly selected from a database of 250,000 business people.
The results revealed fascinating insights into consumers’ reactions to advertising media.
– Only 28 per cent of us watch television commercials, the rest ignore, mute or change channels
– Banner adverts are the most annoying advertising medium according to 73 per cent of us, promotional products the least annoying
– Nearly two-fifths (39 per cent) of respondents indicated they are more likely to remember TV advertising because they see it more often, just ahead of promotional products at 35 per cent.
– 94 per cent of us remember the advertiser who gave us a promotional item or the product advertised after we have had it for six months
– Two thirds of us like to hang on to such gifts for more than six months and 44 per cent keep them for over one year
Overall, the survey confirms that promotion products have a very important role to play within the marketing mix. Indeed, if the objective of your campaign is brand recall over a 6 month time period, promotional products is the marketing tool to employ.
We’ve put together this infographic to summarize the survey’s key findings.