International Left Handers Day | Facts and Struggles
Why do we have Left Handers Day?
This year, International Left Handers Day will fall on Monday, August 13th. A day to be proud of being left-handed and to raise awareness of everyday issues faced in a world made for right-handed people.
- Did you know that only 10% of the world’s population are left-handed? Lefties will use the right side of the brain, whilst right-handed people use the left side.
- Famous left-handed people include Prince William, Barack Obama, Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey and Tom Cruise.
- Being left-hand is also considered unlucky, studies even show that lefties live around nine years less that right-handed people.
- Left-handed people are said to be more creative and interested in careers to such as art, music and other culture fields.
- During the 1600s being left-handed was associated with witchcraft, as it was believed they were more prone to make deals with the devil and people were executed because of it.
The Everyday Struggles
- Computer mouses, scissors, can openers these are just a few everyday problems left-handed people deal with. Even just buying left-handed items is more expensive.
- Writing left-handed is always a pain and you end up smudging everything you write and not to mention constantly elbowing the person sitting next to you.
- People asking you if you’re left-handed when they see you writing.
- Although it’s not all doom and gloom, as it’s said being left-handed in sports is a huge advantage. Especially in sports like cricket, baseball and tennis, where you’ll be used to playing with people who are right-handed.
- They have more efficient connections between the two hemispheres of their brain and will have the element of surprise against opponents.
What Your Business Can Do
Why not give out some left-handed products to please your customers?
EverythingBranded.co.uk offer a huge range of promotional products perfect for any national days or events.
Contact our experienced Account Managers today at 0116 3660052 or head over to our homepage if you would like to discuss your marketing campaign and receive advice on the best promotional product for you.