3 Ways to Minimise Stress at Your Organisation
At EverythingBranded, we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding working environment for our staff. Minimising stress is at the focal point of our company culture. Today, EverythingBranded organised an exciting talk on how to minimise stress.
According to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), in 2015/16 over 480,000 people in the UK reported that work-related stress was making them ill. This amounts to nearly 40% of all work-related illnesses. With this in mind, it is important to consider the following:
1. Daily breathing exercises
Advising your employees to do daily breathing exercises has countless amounts of benefits. Controlled breathing can trigger positive physiological changes. These include:
• Increased physical energy
• Increased feelings of calm and well being
• Lowered blood pressure and heart rate
• Reduced levels of stress hormones in the blood
• Reduced lactic acid build-up in muscle tissue
• Balanced levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood
• Improved immune system function
2. Provide a positive working environment for staff
It’s no secret that stress levels in the workplace have increased in the last few decades. More and more companies are buying stress balls to combat this. Stress balls are scientifically proven to reduce stress, improve blood circulation and make bones and muscles stronger, with many other benefits too.
3. Reward employees
Rewarding your employees for their achievements and dedication can positively impact your organisation, from improved employee morale to increased productivity, rewarding your employees shows your appreciation for their efforts. Below are ways you can reward your employees:
• Launch an ‘Employee of the month’ scheme
• Give recognition of your employee in the presence of their peers
• Award employee with a salary increase
• Offer staff a ‘Certificate of Achievement Award’
• Reward employees by investing in industry qualifications
• Make Fridays more relaxed by having ‘Dress down Fridays’
Liven up your offices with our exclusive range of branded stress toys. Our dedicated team will make sure you get an accurate and high-quality representation of how your promotional toys will look before printing is scheduled.